- Fuel System must be in good working order
- Fuel Capacity
- OEM for make and model recommended
- Fuel Stop time - 5 minute time stop pit in to pit
- Battery Switch for electric powered vehicles will be
onsidered a fuel stop.
- Fuel Tanks
- No additional tanks allowed.
- Multiple OEM tanks allowed if system is entirely
- Must be located in front or behind driver
- OEM located OEM tanks that do not meet this rule
will be granted a waiver.
- Fuel Cells are allowed
- Original Cell must be removed
- Must have a purpose built metal container
- Must have deformable, puncture resistant inner
vessel or bladder
- Must have anti-splash foam
- Must be mounted in an acceptable matter solely
at the discretion of WTC tech
- Must use threaded fittings and appropriate hose
- Must use all appropriate vents, valves and
- Vent lines must end in safe location lower than
the bottom of the cell
- Must be separated from the cockpit by metal
- Metal encased FIA certified fuel cell with
all of the related compliant fittings must be
used if cell is not separated from the cockpit.
- Filler Hoses
- Non OEM must use purpose built hose , nylon
reinforced with proper fuel system fasteners
- The only acceptable fuel is mass marketed gasoline
blends and diesel.