The Bracket Grand Prix (BGP) is owned and operated
27 West Shore Road, Merrimac Ma. 01860. BGP rules are a
guideline for the orderly conduct of events, and
contain the minimum requirements for
participation. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall
result from publications of, or compliance with these rules
and/or regulations. There is no way a guarantee against injury or
death to participants, spectators, officials, or any other
All participants apply for the event. By
applying you are acknowledging that WTC / BGP,
represents all of your interests pertaining to that event and road racing in general. Competitors agree to be bound by any and all
decisions made by BGP or WTC, which decisions shall be final and without
recourse or appeal.
- Contingency or Bonus Awards: Certain contingency and or bonus awards
may require usage of that
product and display of sticker during the event in order to receive payment. Some
contingency and or bonus awards are paid directly by the provider. BGP or WTC cannot assure payment for contingency or bonus awards.
- Refunds, Entry Fee Transfers or Compensation for losses:
All fees are 100% automatically refundable if the race is
delayed or cancelled due to COVID related regulation.
There are no other conditions that warrant transfers,
refunds or compensation for losses,
- Officials : BGP/WTC officials are for the most
part volunteers. Some may be paid a small stipend. Please treat
them with respect. Individuals that cannot conduct themselves
properly will be banned.
Competition director Marshall Hurley is available by text
at 978-810-2388. He will discuss any issue by text. Please do not
approach officials at race events over rulings.
- Participants: Drivers and or owners are independent contractors. and assume full
responsibility for all charges, premiums, and taxes payable on any
funds received from WTC.
There is not a minimum age requirement.
Participation eligibility will be considered on an individual
basis for any and all under 18 . Approval is at the sole
discretion of BGP/WTC officials.
All entries must have a properly registered owner, Fees including race entry fees are non-refundable
except for COVID cancellations and or delays.
- Eligibility: The Bracket Grand Prix is a touring series. As such,
BGP Officials, Drivers, Team Owners, and team members are
subject to all conduct rules of any race or appearance venue. Team owners and drivers apply for our events, and are
accepted. Teams, or team members may have acceptance revoked without
explanation or reason. Teams that conduct themselves in an
unacceptable manner will have acceptance to that event revoked.
Further action is at the sole discretion of the BGP and/ WTC.
- Thompson Speedway track policies
- Driver Shifts: Max 2 hours 15 minutes - Strictly
enforced with no allowance. Drivers that go over the 2
hour 15 minute limit limit will not be credited for those laps. Adjustment may
be made post race.
- Right of Publicity: In consideration of
this event, the acceptance of this entry by WTC, and its
associated companies the competitor agrees that BGP / WTC
shall have the exclusive right to use, without further
compensation to the competitors, their name(s), picture(s), likeness(es), picture (s)
of race car (s), and performance (s), or any part thereof, for any
and all purposes and in any manner in connection with promoting,
advertising, recording, broadcasting, producing and reproducing
or exploiting or benefiting in any way from this event or any
other events sanctioned by WTC, whether before, during or after
such event (s), including but not limited to photography,
television and radio broadcasts, film productions and print
media. The competitor understands and agrees that this
exclusive right shall be freely assignable by WTC.
- Social Media: No broadcast of any type are allowed
without written consent.
- Timing: No onboard timing systems. No GPS
tracking system of any type. You will be dq'd
The only timing system allowed is based off of the track's
- External devices: Any external devices mounted to the
body of the car must be tethered.
GoPro Cameras must be tethered ..
- Aircraft / Models: No drones or flying aircraft of any
type are allowed. No remote controlled vehicles of any kind
- Support Vehicles: Except for registered street
vehicles coming on to or leaving the facility, no motorized
vehicles are to be used on the facility site except in
accordance with that individual venue's policies.
- General Tech Inspection: Vehicles must comply with
all safety recommendations. Tech inspection is not a
certification or representation that a vehicle is safe to drive.
Teams and their team captain are responsible for determining
their vehicle's safety, fitness to race, and compliance to the
- Personal Safety Equiment:
- Driver/Hot pit crew helmet: Undamaged full face Type SA
helmet, Snell SA2010 or newer mandatory or FIA 8860-2000
- Neck Brace/Helmet support
- SFI 38.1 rated or FIA 8858 rated head and neck
- Fire Retardant Clothing
- Full SFI 3.2/A or FIA 8856-2000 certified fire
retardant suit required
- SFI 3.2 A1 or 3.2/A3 single layer may be used with
SFI or FIA certified
- Fueling Rules
- From Track pumps or Jugs 5 gallon or smaller hand held
- Jugs must be DOT, SCCA or FIA approved
- Kill switch must be off
- 2 crew man must participate in the stop
- Must wear same safety gear as the driver
- One must have fire extinguisher in hand aimed at
- Fueling only allowed in designated areas
- Fuel spills: Quickly dilute with water or cold fire
Seek track assistance
- No fuel is allowed in the garages
- Drip pans must be used under car to collect any fuel
overflow or spills.
- Fuel stops are timed.
- Teams that will be fueling must pick up a timer at the
entrance to pit row.
- Teams must return timer at the end of pit row.
- See Section 6 "Fuel Systems" for additional timing
- May be applied at the discretion of BGT / WTC officials
for dangerous behaviors
- Avoidable Contact ( both penalized regardless of
blame or fault)
- Wheels off track
- Speeding in pits
- Missing/Ignoring a safety flag
- Lack of car control
- Over aggressive driving
- Contact with wall, cone , safety vehicle etc.
- Green = race
- Yellow- No passing
- Must be single file and not racing by the time the
flagging station is reached
- Safety zone ends one incident is cleared.
- Red - Stop
- Stop should be controlled
- Try to pull to the edge of the pavement
- White - Slow vehicle ahead on track
- All other flags still apply
- You may pass when safe and reasonable
- Pointed at you means to come to the officials
- Multiple or all means to exit the track, and head to
- Red & Yellow Stripe: Track most likely has
something on the surface
- Blue with Yellow: Significantly faster traffic is
The BGP/WTC Rules are presented as a guideline.
It is impractical and impossible to list all modifications, or
If a guideline does not accomplish its intent, we reserve the
right to modify/add to that guideline without notice.
BGP/WTC reserve the right to modify,
delete, amend or update these guidelines.
The BGP/WTC interpretation is the official
interpretation of any guideline or rules
By applying for any WTC event you are
agreeing to abide by any and all WTC
Rulings pertaining to any issue connected to that event. The
competitor's only recourse is to withdraw from that event or