- Mass produced 4 wheel vehicle certified for highway use.
- 100% Electric Vehicles may use fabricated chassis.
Considered for approval on a case by case basis.
- Minimum of 80 inches
- Must be stock wheel base for model chassis used.
- OE Crush Structures
- Cars that alter OE crush structures including removing
frame rails or unibody structures outside of the wheelbase
will be evaluated for safety and may fail safety tech at WTC
- Roll Cage
- Must meet approval of WTC. May be fail at WTC
- Attachment points will be evaluated. Those that lack
reinforcement, ate thin or inadequate will cause the
racecar to fail tech..
- Bolt in cages are not allowed
- Must include
- Front hoop
- Rear hoop
- Front and rear hoop must be braced to each other
along roof line
- Minimum 2 drivers side door bars each side
- X allowed
- Design of door bars does not have to match
side to side
- Top edge of the highest bar and bottom edge of
the lowest bar must be at least 7.5 inches apart.
- The top edge of the top door bars cannot be
higher than the bottom of the side window.
- Main hoop back stays (no bends)
- Must attatch to the main hoop within 8 inches of
the main hoop's highest point.
- Must be forward of back edge of rear wheel well.
- Small cars may be granted an exception
- One main hoop diagonal bar
- Appropriate spreader plates and gussets
- Each major member must be made from a single
- Shoulder harness bar (15 degrees lower than
harness entry point at seat.)
- Dash bar recommended
- Roll bar tubing
- Cars less than 3000 lbs
- Cars greater than 3000 lbs
- DOM mild steel tubing is recommended
- Spreader Plates
- Minimum 24 sq inches
- 0.125 thickness
- Cage must clear drivers head by at least 2 inches at all
- Tow Strap Required
- Arrow with word TOW recommended
- Must attach to bumper or frame